Aggressively Happy by Joy Marie Clarkson

 

I think a lot of us are facing or have face some real life challenges in the past couple of years along with the pandemic. Aggressively Happy by Joy Marie Clarkson sounded like just the book that I needed to help me see things differently--and it doesn't disappoint. 

In Agressively Happy, Clarkson shares stories of both joy and sadness from her own life. She also shares stories from the Bible and other prominent Christians from years past as this is a Christian based book. Each chapter reads like you are visiting with an old friend. Then in between the chapters, Clarkson has pages that list ideas for you to read, to watch and to ponder. I especially liked those pages and the recommendations that she made. Some of them I was familiar with and some of them made me curious enough to check them out. I would recommend this book to both new Christians and those who have been following Christ for awhile. There is something to learned for nearly everyone in Aggressively Happy.

 I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe