Meet Hate: A Sweet Romantic Comedy by Abi Sabina

 

I live in a Midwestern State with a lot of farms so I enjoy a good novel with a farm setting. Fun fact about me: I milked cows with my husband on a date before we got married. So when I read Meet Hate by Abi Sabina, I had a feel for all that was going on in this rom-com set on a struggling dairy farm.

Hayes is sent from a big corporation to make a deal with Ellie's family to buy their dairy farm that is currently financially operating in the red. While Ellie's folks are reluctant to sell, they have made peace with it. On the other hand, Ellie is stubbornly refusing to sell. When Hayes comes on to the farm, Ellie sees him as the enemy in this enemies to lovers romance.

Meet Hate is a cute story. I enjoyed the banter between Hayes and Ellie. I also could see how they could become more than enemies as the book and the plot went on. While it isn't real fast moving, the pacing is pretty good. The story flows along and is interesting. It took a little while to warm up to Hayes and Ellie but I did enjoy the story more and more as more of each of their character traits were revealed. I also enjoyed the side character family members. It has a happy ending, which is what I expected. Sometimes,  you do just need to read a rom com with a happily-ever-after ending. 

Meet Hate was a clean read with some kissing and a little romancing but nothing closed door.

I purchased my copy from Amazon for the purpose of reviewing this book for JustRead Tours. I received a digital copy and prefer paper copies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe