Something by Natalee Creech Illustrated by Pablo Pino

 

 

 

Something: One Small Thing Can Make A Difference by Natalee Creech is one of my favorite new children's books. Something is both beautifully written and beautifully illustrated.

Something is 32 pages long and measures about 9 1/2 inches by 9 inches with a dust jacket. The first page does have a verse from the Bible--Mathew 25:35-36 on it, "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and  you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you came to visit me." This is the verse the book is based on.

Something has bright, gorgeous illustrations that are inclusive of people of all colors and abilities. I love that. I also love the ideas in this book that will surely spark more ideas with children's imaginations to give young children ideas on how they can show God's love by helping people. I especially like how the book gets across the idea that little kind things can make a real difference in other people's lives--they don't even have to be big things! I really can't say enough good things about this book. I honestly think it has uses for almost any age but the book is probably aimed at elementary children. I highly recommend it.





I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe