Still Life by Dani Pettrey

 


Avery Tate was blacklisted in the photography business over a controversial shot a few months ago. While that was not what she was hoping for, she is happy to be working as a crime-scene photographer for Crime Scene Analyst Parker Mitchell. Avery has a past that she put behind her as she stepped out in her new faith and her new job. Unfortunately, in Still Life by Dani Pettrey, Avery's past catches up with her.

When Still Life starts out, Avery is at a photography gallery opening to meet a long time friend from her past. However, her friend doesn't show up. Instead, there is a photo of her friend on the wall in the gallery in which all of the models appear deceased. Except the photographer holding the gallery opening didn't take that shot. Creepy, huh? Unfortunately, Avery's friend is no where to be found so there is a big mystery for Avery and Parker to solve including who took the picture of her friend?

I enjoyed the romance developing between Avery and Parker. I also was working in my mind to solve the mystery throughout this book. Still Life is the second book in the suspenseful, fast-paced Chesapeake Valor series. I enjoy all of the main characters in this series and I like how their Christian faith is a part of their lives in a real way. Along with Avery and Parker, Declan and Tanner seem to have another mystery going on, which I think will be continued in the next book. I like that there is more than one mystery going on at a time as that seems more true to life and makes the book quite interesting. This book would appeal to readers who enjoy Lynette Eason and Lynn H. Blackburn. I think this book, as well as the others in the series could be read alone, but since I had the first book, Cold Shot on my shelf, I am glad I took the time to read it first. I am also planning to continue the series as I am looking to find out what happened to the other characters in the book, as well as Tanner and Declan's mystery, which isn't yet solved in this book.

I received a copy of this book from the author through JustRead Tours blind date with a book. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe