The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin

 


The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin is another great read for those who enjoy World War 2 Historical Fiction.

The Sound of Light is set in Denmark. Baron Henrik Ahlefeldt decides to live a secret life and help the Danish Resistance. At the same time, American physicist Dr. Else Jensen works in Denmark. They both live at the same boarding house for a time. Henrik disguises who he is. Else learns lessons in courage. As the war goes on, the two start to come together. Can they get past the war? Can they be real with each other?

I enjoyed The Sound of Light and getting to know Henrik, and all that he is through his disguise, as well as Else. The book moved quickly and I thought the pacing was well done. I could understand the secrecy during the war. I liked the romance. I enjoyed how Sundin wove the mermaid fable into The Sound of Light. There is also a wonderful undercurrent of redemption and forgiveness which was inspiring. I liked the ending SO much and getting to see some of the characters from her previous two books. 

I learned a lot of history about Denmark during the second world war that I did not know as I read through The Sound of Light. It  was all quite interesting to me--these novels bring history to life for me. I am looking forward to the next World War 2 novel that Sundin previews at the end of this book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe