When I Was Your Age written and illustrated by Danette Byatt

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

 

It seems there are always differences between the generations. Change is the one thing that is certain in this lifetime. When I Was Your Age written and illustrated by Danette Byatt shares differences and similarities between generations of a grandma and her grandchild of the future. Perhaps this is what life will look like when today's children get older? Who knows?

When I Was Your Age is a large picture book that is brightly illustrated. This fun sort of sci-fi book is 32 pages long and measures about 9 1/2 by 10 inches in size--so it is fairly large. It is a fun book to read together among differently aged people and/or family members. This book is aimed at chldren second grade and younger. It is a fun book to use the imagination in and talk about differences after reading it. The illustrations are fun and I love the spoof on the games on one of the pages (they don't have numbers). I think When I was Your Age is a fun book to read and talk about together.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe