Create Anyway by Ashlee Gadd

 

Are you a creative person but feel like it is hard to find the time to do "your thing" as a mom? Create Anyway: The Joy of Pursuing Creativity in the Margins of Motherhood by Ashlee Gadd is a book that needs to be on your radar.

Create Anyway is the book that I wish I had had when my son was little. I like how the book is written in bite-sized chunks, like busy moms need. It is full of encouraging stories and prompts for moms who want to incorporate creative pursuits into their lives while they work to be the best moms they can be. Gadd shares a lot about using bits of time here and there. I think that sounds realistic. I know I made a collage in a half hour one day and my creative bucket was full for a week. We all have those things we like to do and sometimes we need to squeeze in the time to do them. 

Create Anyway has 19 chapters in it. Each chapter shares ideas and stories to encourage women to make time for their creative pursuits. Then at the end of each chapter there is a creative exercise to do and a journaling prompt that invites the reader to reflect on. I enjoyed both of these sections. I also like the color pictures throughout the book. Create Anyway is a beautiful and encouraging book for moms of all ages, but could be especially helpful for new moms who are struggling.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe