Jonas by Susan May Warren

 

Are you a fan of Susan May Warren? Her books are among my many favorites. I especially love how she connects characters through different series to sort of keep regular readers updated. Jonas is the second book in the Minnesota Marshalls series and I recognize a character or two from a previous series.If you're a regular reader, I think you will too.

Jonas Marshall is a storm-chaser--although now it is mainly in his spirit. He says he is done chasing storms after a terrible accident happened on a run . .but he is still a weatherman. Only this time he is involved in an experiment tracking dirigibles that gather weather information in Slovenia. It was sort of a safe gig, until he met Sibba Kovac and danger came knocking on both of their doors. Sibba disarms bombs for a living. Jonas weeks Sibba's help to disarm a bomb made from one of the dirigibles after meeting her for the second time on her grandfather's farm. However, their hearts are racing from more than just the excitement of trying to disarm explosives. Can they make a relationship work with the jobs that they have? Can they share a future despite past hurts?

I have to start off by confessing that I have not read Fraser, but I want to. I heartily enjoyed Jonas as a stand-alone--although I admit it probably would have been even better if I had read the first book. At the same time, Jonas is non-stop action and is a beautiful dance of suspense and romance between Jonas and Sibba. I also like that the reader learns about Ned and Shae who are featured in the next book in the series--Ned--which I already have coming, thank goodness, as I already can't wait for it. I especially like the way faith is woven into this book, as it is clearly a part of these characters make up. It is also part of some of the characters' growth as they learn to lean in to a new faith, which may be where some readers are too. I definitely recommend Jonas to those who like Christian romantic suspense books.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe