Say the Right Thing by Carolyn Lacey

 

James says our tongue is sharper than any two-edged sword. I can think of times where words have hurt me greatly. I imagine you can too. Say the Right Thing by Carolyn Lacey invites Christians to use their words to glorify God and encourage others. 

Say the Right Thing is a short but meaty book. It is hard for me to read these types of books quickly. There is a lot of information in each chapter with questions at the ends of the chapter. I think this would be a good book to use in a Sunday School group or book club. 

Chapters are included on speaking wisdom, speaking truth, speaking beauty, speaking comfort, speaking kindness, speaking hope, and speaking praise. All of them are based on the Bible. This book is written by a pastor's wife in Great Britain. From a Scriptural perspective, it is helpful. I do wish there was a bit more information on boundaries and some of the things that trained counselors include as sometimes I can take things too far if I don't acknowledge boundaries. Others may have similar issues. All in all, Say the Right Thing is a good book though.

I received a copy of this book from the Good Book Company. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe