Tunnel Creek Ambush by Kerry Johnson

 

 

Do you enjoy a suspenseful mystery with a dash of romance thrown in? Tunnel Creek Ambush by Kerry Johnson kept me guessing right up until the end. I had a few suspicions but I did not get this one figured out at all. 

Kinsley Miller and Officer Jasper Holt were high school sweethearts. However, after Kinsley's parents died in a car crash, which she was also involved in, she let her guilt and fears drive her away from her home town. For several years she had been working as a biologist with a zoo. Now, she is back in town for her Aunt's funeral. At first, she tries to mix work with her personal life--until she is assaulted while trying to find bats to monitor in a tunnel. Then Jasper comes to her aid. However, things keep going haywire with more crazy assaults on Kinsley leading them both to wonder what type of trouble she is in. As Jasper and Kinsley try to solve the mystery, will they keep their relationship on the back burner or will they look for a way to move forward?

I was surprised at how much Johnson kept the reader guessing in Tunnel Creek Ambush. This is a fast-paced read with an interesting and busy plot. I loved that. I also liked the way that Kinsley and Jasper renewed their relationship. There is also a faith element that I enjoyed. The ending was so good as a lot of loose ends were tied up and my questions were finally answered.  I would easily recommend Tunnel Creek Ambush to anyone who enjoys a good suspenseful mystery.

I received a copy of this book from the author and publisher through JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe