A Song and a Prayer by Loretta Lynn and Kim MacLean

 A Song and A Prayer

I grew up listening to country music that my parents played both at home and in the car, so I was well familiar with who Loretta Lynn is before seeing this book. A Song and a Prayer: 30 Devotions Inspired by My Favorite Songs is an uplifting devotional inspired by a variety of song and hymns.

A Song and a Prayer is a 31 day devotional written to remind everyone who reads it that God loves them. "You don't have to be something special in God's eyes, because you already are something special," according to Lynn. Each of these devotionals is based on a song such as Coal Miner's Daughter, one of Lynn's biggest hits, It is Well with my Soul, I'd Rather Have Jesus and a whole lot of other songs and hymns. Each reading starts with a Bible verse, includes a devotional reading, and ends with a song and a prayer. I didn't know all of the songs in the book, although certainly I could find them online and listen, but the words and the stories were all encouraging. While anyone could read this book and be encouraged, This is especially a devotional that I think older Christian women who listened to Lynn's music would enjoy. A Song and a Prayer is a beautifully bound gift book and would make a nice gift for someone. My Grandma would have enjoyed this book a lot.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe