He Should Have Told The Bees by Amanda Cox

 He Should Have Told the Bees: A Novel by [Amanda Cox]

He Should Have Told the Bees by Amanda Cox is book about family, mental health struggles, relational struggles and, of course, bees. While this book does deal with some heavy topics, I did not find it to be a heavy book. I always enjoy the way that Amanda Cox weaves a story and this book was no exception.

Beekeeper Beckett Walsh lived with her father on a small farm in their own little world, so to speak. After her father passes away unexpectedly, Beckett is forced to share "her" farm with a new part-owner. Callie Peterson has always struggled with challenges in life, growing up with her mother being an addict. Many times, Callie didn't always know where her next meal would come from. Callie has been trying to make her life better, to become a business owner through the sale of her homemade soap and bath products. Unfortunately, she recently had a setback. Then she gets a letter in the mail saying she inherited part of a farm she doesn't know how she is connect to. Is this the answer to her problems?

I enjoyed He Should Have Told the Bees. I liked both Callie and Beckett as well as several other characters. I appreciated the author's sensitivity in handling the difficult topics. I also like that she adds humor and warmth in her books. There is also a faith element to the book that I appreciate as a Christian reader. I like that He Should Have Told the Bees is a different sort of story. When I read an Amanda Cox book I know that I am going to get a well-written story that is different from anything else that I have ever read. For me, she is an auto-read author.

I received a copy of this book from the author and the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe