When the World Breaks by Jason Adam Miller

 When the World Breaks

It is no secret to many of us that the world is broken. When the World Breaks by Jason Adam Miller discusses our broken world in relation to the Beatitudes.

Emily Freeman wrote the introduction to this book, which is one reason that I was drawn to As the World Breaks, as I enjoy her books. However, I struggled to get into this book.I do think it is a good book, but sometimes, I don't think books come to us at the right timing for us. This book is quite readable and easy to understand and relate to. Miller includes a lot of his own stories to make his points and they are interesting. At the same time, I think I just was hoping for something a bit more upbeat. This isn't that sort of book. This is a book that turns my thoughts inward and leaves me introspective and reflecting. That is often a good thing. If  you want to reflect on our broken world today in light of Jesus' teaching, then you may be interested in When the World Breaks. I would encourage you to give it a try.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe