You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Toni Shiloh

 Cover Art

Isn't the cover of You Make It Feel Like Christmas by Toni Shiloh a gorgeous cover? I was drawn to the cover and I also am drawn because I enjoy books by this author. This sweet novella did not disappoint me--I enjoyed this "feel good" read.

Starr Lewis is back home for the holidays--Thanksgiving and Christmas. She isn't very excited about it though. Her sister is getting married--to her former boyfriend. Starr has just been laid off from her job in New York City and is unsure what to do next. Life is up in the air for her.

Waylon is struggling to feel the holiday spirit since his mom passed away and his sister is overseas with her military husband and children. Waylon's good friend, is Starr's brother so he invites Waylon to join in the Lewis holiday celebrations. What he doesn't count on is seeing Starr all grown up. Starr and Waylon hit it off. . .but is it just a holiday fling? Or do they have something longer lasting?

I enjoyed You Make It Feel Like Christmas. The characters felt real. The conversations felt real. There were a couple characters in the Lewis family that were difficult to like but otherwise, I enjoyed most of the characters in the book. I liked how Shiloh incorporates her characters' faith into the story. Both Waylon and Starr had strong Christian faith. It is most definitely a Christian story. While Waylon and Starr aren't perfect, they are constantly seeking direction from God. It is nice to see that model in a book--even a short novella. There was some fun romance and humor between Waylon and Starr that I enjoyed. You Make Me Feel Like Christmas did not feel rushed to me, like some novellas do, and I liked the ending a lot.

I received a copy of this book from Revell Publishing through Interviews & Reviews for my honest opinion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe