All's Fair in Love and Christmas by Sarah Monzon

 Cover Art

Are you looking for a Christmas book that is also a fun rom-com? All's Fair in Love and Christmas by Sarah Monzon definitely fits that bill. This book made me smile and giggle and was just a great "feel good" read.

Mackenzie Graham is a graphic designer at a small firm. Jeremy Fletcher is her cute co-worker. One day that get called into the boss's office before Christmas. Together they find out that they are in competition for a promotion--a promotion based on generating Christmas spirit in the office. Mackenzie is a quiet, shy person and she just isn't sure she even wants the promotion. However, her mom has early-stage Alzheimer's and needs professional care that is expensive so the raise would help a lot. Jeremy is a single guardian to his twin niece and nephew. He is a good guy but he knows he wants the job to fulfill his career goals and to help care for his young family. With that in mind, the friendly competition begins.

I enjoyed All's Fair in Love and Christmas. I am one of those readers that enjoy Christmas books any time of year as I like the happy, joyful vibes. For this book, I especially enjoyed the quirkiness of the office workers, including Mackenzie. She had some great quotes and references to movies and books that I thought were fun. I also like how the author handled the difficult subjects of Alzheimer's, mental health and a few other struggles. I especially liked how she handled Mackenzie's faith in light of her struggles. Nothing about this book was heavy and the story flowed quickly. I loved the slow burn of the relationship building. I loved the romantic moments. Before that I enjoyed the banter between the couple. I also enjoyed the banter between friends and co-workers. The swoony HOA ending was sigh-worthy. I enjoyed this rom-com all the way around and I would recommend All's Fair in Love and Christmas to anyone else who needs a happy feel-good story.

I purchased a copy of this book from Baker Book House to support the author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe