15 Ways to Live Longer and Healthier by Joel Osteen

 15 Ways to Live Longer and Healthier

When I am feeling a bit down or need a pick-me-up, I can always count on a Joel Osteen book to give me some encouragement. I like that. At the same time, I like to read books about improving our physical health and well-being. I expected, 15 Ways to Live Longer and Healthier by Joel Osteen to be a mix of those two things. However, I didn't find that in this book.

15 Ways to Live Longer and Healthier: Life-Changing strategies for greater energy, a more focused mind, and a calmer soul is more of a mind improvement book than anything. I do think it offers alot of encouragement and ideas to improve your thinking, if that is what you are looking for. There are chapters that include: Unclutter your mind, live in the present, dealing with difficult people and taming the tongue. These are all good things and I think they can be helpful if that is what you are expecting. However, I was expecting something different from the title of this book. I thought Osteen may have a book that was a holistic approach to health all the way around--not just in the mind/emotions/thought realm. I find this book to be encouraging and hopeful for those who need that. For those who want a mix of holistic health ideas, I think 15 Ways to Live Longer and Healthier falls short.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe