Into the Fire by Irene Hannon

 Cover Art

Into the Fire is the first book is Irene Hannon's new Undaunted Courage series. This book was a different take on suspense than my usual suspense books for me in that the villain throughout the book was a suspected arsonist.

Brianna Tucker was a storm jumper when she lived in Idaho. After a career-ending injury, she moved back to her home city of Saint Louis where she started working as an arson investigator. She is also living near her family. ATF Special Agent Marc Davis is assigned to a case with Brianna (Bri). He moved back to Saint Louis to help care for his Grandmother who has been in treatment for breast cancer. 

Between Bri and Marc, there are some sparks but they both have some walls up when they meet each other. Will those walls come down in time?

Can Bri and Marc solve the puzzle of a fire that took the life of a former colleague for Bri? Her former colleague was continuing to research several cases that, at least in his mind, were tied together. Neither Marc nor Bri feel suspicious at first and thought the case may just be ruled an accident. Then a few more clues came in that left them wondering. At the same time, Bri is be-set with a series of accidents. . .or are they even accidents?

I enjoyed Into the Fire for the most part. I did have an inkling of who the potential arsonist was. . .However, I didn't know why until I followed the plot along. I enjoyed the bits of romance between Bri and Marc as their relationship developed. One thing I really liked about this book is how well Bri and Marc communicated with each other. I like books that set forth an example of good communication for couples. They also both have an element of faith in their lives but they did struggle with some forgiveness issues, each in their own way. Into the Fire was different than the usual suspense book for me and I liked the main characters. I am looking forward to the next two books in the series as I suspect we will learn more about Bri's siblings in them.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe