Life is Hard, God is Good, Let's Dance: Experiencing Real Joy in a World Gone Mad by Brant Hansen

 Life Is Hard. God Is Good. Let

I always enjoy a book of essays so I was happy to get to read Life is Hard, God is Good, Let's Dance by Brant Hansen. This is my first book by this author, although he has published other books

Each of the 26 essays in this book were enjoyable reads that had some basis in the Bible or related to the Bible. Most of them also had some lightness to them, which I appreciated. I've been wanting to read more lighthearted reads. I like the sub-title of this book, Experiencing Real Joy in a World Gone Mad. Hansen writes about working in radio, helping at CURE hospitals, how he got a dog (loved that one!), and how he pushed himself to socialize with neighbors to share the love of Jesus. 

Life is Hard, God is Good, Let's Dance most of all encouraged me to put myself out in the world to show Jesus' love to others. I think true joy is sharing life with others even when we mess up. That was another thing I liked about this book, Hansen shares his faults and what he sees as his limitations. However, he also shares how God is bigger than the limitations. I also appreciated that he shared about how religious people have hurt him in the past but that he didn't let that stop him from being a Jesus follower. I can relate to that. 

Initially, as I started reading Life is Hard, God is Good, Let's Dance, I felt it was like getting to know a new friend. By the end of the book, I felt like I knew the author much better and I enjoyed the journey. I would definitely recommend this book to those who enjoy essays that are about real people who are relatable. I even laughed out loud a couple of times. Oh, and I read the acknowledgements too. 

Check out this link from Thomas Nelson for more info: https://www.thomasnelson.com/p/god-is-good-book/?utm_source=frontgate&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=life_is_hard_god_is_good_lets_dance

I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson through Frontline Media. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe