Practices for Embodied Living: Experiencing the Wisdom of Your Body by Hillary L. McBride, PhD

 Cover Art

Practices for Embodied Living: Experiencing the Wisdom of Your Body by Hillary L. McBride, PhD is an illustrated hands-on book on learning to live better with your body and to understand how your body can guide your thinking. 

I was drawn to this book as someone who has been listening to The Body Keeps Score (on audiobook) by Bessel Van der Koelk. I think they pair well together. However, McBride also has a more in-depth book that she published previously entitled, The Wisdom of Your Body. It is on my list to get and I understand that this book pairs well with her first book.

Practices for Embodied Living, from my perspective, is along the lines of a workbook or guided journal. It isn't just a book to read. It is a book to use to reflect on your life and experiences so that you can grow and learn how to better understand your body. I read through this book but I have not yet taken time to do all of the exercises in it. I think that is something that you can't rush through. I like the simple, eye catching illustrations and I like how the book does cause me to reflect and grow in my life. In the front of the book is a section called, "How to use this book." I encourage you to read that first. Then take your time and work through the book in a way that works for you.

I supported the author by pre-ordering and purchasing a copy of this book from Amazon. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe