Teach Me To Feel by Courtney Reissig

 Teach Me To Feel

Teach Me to Feel by Courtney Reissig is sub-titled Worshiping Through the Psalms in Every Season of Life. The psalms are among my favorite parts of the Bible maybe because I feel a little less crazy when I see some of the ups and downs of the psalmist's emotions. In Teach Me To Feel, Reissig shares some personal stories, her emotions that relate, and the psalms. 

I like how down to earth this author is. I found this book to very easy to read and relate to. I have been through miscarriages and I had a fairly difficult time birthing my son, although my story is different than hers. The book starts off with her sharing this story and her tangled emotions. I could relate to a lot of what she wrote. She covers 22 emotions from grief and envy to pain and worthlessness throughout the book so actually there is a lot to relate to through the whole book. She also covers gratitude, contentment and hope. From one end of the spectrum to the other, I could relate to her stories in this book. 

I also like how Reissig included discussion questions at the end of each chapter in Teach Me To Feel as well as ways to dig deeper. If you are interested in seeing how our emotions relate to the God of the Bible, I encourage you to give it a try. However, I don't think this is a book to just breeze through to get the most out of it. Rather it is one to work through as a Bible study or during your devotional time--either on your own or in a study group.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe