All My Secrets by Lynn Austin

 All My Secrets

All My Secrets by Lynn Austin is set during the gilded age and features women of three generations within the same family. There is Mimi Junie Stanhope, daughter-in-law Sylvia Stanhope and granddaughter Adelaide Stanhope. When Sylvia's husband passes away unexpectedly, the Stanhope ladies all must embrace changes in their lives.

I have struggled to write this review because I enjoyed All My Secrets so much. I like how well the stories flowed from one woman to the next. I enjoyed each of their stories and watching them change and grow through their grief. I especially liked how well woven the faith element was in this story. I also enjoyed one of the young men that Adelaide dated. I liked how the women worked to solve their problems. Initially, they weren't working together but as time went on things changed between them.

In All My Secrets, there were themes of forgiveness and redemption, overcoming challenges and making the best of circumstances, dealing with life changes and learning to communicate between generations. I enjoyed the developing relationship with Addy and a certain young man. This is one of my top reads of this year so far. I highly recommend it. It was a fast and enjoyable read. The story had good flow and good characterization.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe