Authentically, Izzy by Pepper Basham

 Authentically, Izzy

Have you ever read an epistolary novel? Do you know what that is? I confess that I didn't know what it was until I looked it up but I have read a couple of them before this book. Authentically, Izzy by Pepper Basham is primarily told through a series of emails, text messages and the like. 

Isabelle Louisa Edgewood (Izzy for short) came to live with her Aunt and cousins as a young girl after her parents died in a plane crash. Izzy and her family live in a small town where she works at the library and spends spare time reading and dreaming of owning her own bookstore.

Brodie Sutherland is part of a family that owns bookstores in the faraway land of Skymar. He is a quiet man who also enjoys reading in his free time.

Josephine, Penelope and Luke are Izzy's cousins that are more like siblings. The oldest is Josephine and she has taken it upon herself to sign Izzy up for an on-line dating service. Brodie also signs up for the service and the two begin corresponding. 

I don't want to give to much of the plot away so that is all I will say about Authentically, Izzy's storyline. I absolutely loved the main characters Brodie and Izzy. I also grew to love her cousin/siblings and some of Brodie's family members. . .Can't say I like Anders yet. . .I absolutely loved this book. I laughed and in one place I cried a little as I could relate to Izzy's pain in one situation. . .I loved the many references to books and movies and feel I must go back and take note of a few that I want to read. I have just one complaint about this book--it languished on my TBR shelf for too long, which was my bad for sure! I am so looking forward to the rest of the series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through JustRead book tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe