Timeless Truths Bible from Thomas Nelson (NET version)

 

9780785290155, Timeless Truths Bible, Brown Leathersoft

The Timeless Truths Bible from Thomas Nelson is a Bible founded on the unchanging truth of the Word of God. This Bible is designed to encourage Christians throughout the whole Bible with devotional notes and commentary from theologians and pastors through all the ages until now.

This Bible has notes in the margins from notable figures throughout church history including Augustine, Martin Luther, Matthew Henry, John Wesley and C. H. Spurgeon. I really like these notes in the margins as they add to the text. I also like that there is wide margin space to write my own notes.

The Timeless Truths Bible also includes many key creeds and confessions including: The Apostle's Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Augsburg Confession, The Heidelberg Confession and much more. There is also full-color artwork with explanation of who did the work in the back of the Bible. I like having all of this included with the Bible text.

The text of The Timeless Truths Bible is easy to read. It is a 9-point comfort print. This Bible is the New English Translation (NET), which I find easy to read and to understand. For me, this isn't my main Bible to read but it is great to use along with my usual Bible as it has so much to offer. It is fairly heavy for a book at almost three pounds. In size, it measures about 7 by 10 inches and is about 2 inches thick. It is a sizeable Bible for carrying around. It is not red letter, which some may miss. It does have two ribbon markers, which I do like. All in all, it is a Bible I would recommend looking into if you are wanting a new Bible. I have the leathersoft edition, which is also nice to hold, and it has beautiful gold edges on the pages.





I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Frontgate Media. All opinions within this review are my own. 

Purchase link: https://bit.ly/TimelessTruthsBible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe