Love In Tandem by Becca Kinzer

 Love in Tandem


Charlotte Carter is ready for summer. She has been happily living in her hometown and teaching music for the past year. After her failed engagement, her mother's cancer journey and some other family challenges, Charlotte is ready for summer break.

Zach Bryant is back in his hometown for his brother's wedding. His last job didn't work out and he is looking for a new one.

The wedding rehearsal dinner for Zach's brother's is held at a nearby cake shop. Charlotte's sister, Sophia, sends Charlotte to the cake shop on an important errand unbeknownst to her that this is where the rehearsal dinner is being held. Charlotte and Zach run into each other and that is when the fun begins. I especially loved this part and all of the zany events with the wedding and reception. The biggest thing to come out of that day is that Zach and Charlotte agreed to tandem bike a lot of miles to help save Charlotte's music department job and help her parents financially with a cancer re-occurrence they think her mom has. Can they do it?

Love in Tandem by Becca Kinzer is a fun, clean rom-com book. It kept me laughing and giggling a lot right through the first half of the book. I liked Zach and Charlotte and was pulling for them. I also enjoyed the supporting character family members.

The last half of the Love in Tandem was a little less humorous and had some serious elements to it--but I did pull for Zach and Charlotte. There were some serious conversations and issues the couple needed to work out. I really wanted to see them complete the bike trip so I rooted for them through to the end. Not everything worked out completely in their favor.  There were a few twists and turns that the reader doesn't see coming. I did enjoy the romance. However, I think some Christian readers wouldn't like how the sleeping arrangements went down, even though nothing happened. I did like that both Zach and Charlotte made some strides in their faith and in their personal struggles as the book wrapped up. That all seemed true to life to me. As a whole, I enjoyed Love in Tandem and read it quickly.

I would add that I am a sucker for a good cover, so liked the cute cover for Love in Tandem and thought it fit the book well.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through Interviews and Reviews. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe