Get Your Hopes Up by Carlos Whittaker

 Image Albums

Get Your Hopes Up: 90 Devotions and True Stories for Young World Changers by Carlos Whittaker offers hope and encouragement to kids who need it today. 

Get Your Hopes Up is aimed at tweens and teens. This book is good for both guys and gals. It is also a book that crosses cultures and skin colors. The book is also good for kids from various socioeconomic groups. I love that it is an all-inclusive book. I also love that these stories and devotions are full of hope and encouragement, because who doesn't need more of that? Each of the readings starts with a Bible verse, then a devotional story and ends with a prayer, like many devotionals do. However, this devotional is written in such a way that it is down-to-earth and easy for people to relate to. Carlos writes like I think he must speak--I feel like he is sitting next to me having coffee/tea, and sharing stories with me that relate to Scripture. I am not a teen but I found these devotionals to speak to me too.

This book is divided into 5 parts: The Power of Hope, The Importance of Prayer, The Call to See the Unseen, The wisdom to lead with love and generosity, and the Fight for Change. 

The layout of Get Your Hopes Up is also nice. The pages are a mix of colors and there are drawings and illustrations to go along with some of the readings. I like the book's design as well as the readings.There are also a couple of pages at the back of the book that talk about organizations that bring hope and there is further information on how to connect with them for more information if you want it.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe