K9 Mattis on the Job by Mark Tappan

 

Do you like dogs? I LOVE dogs! I also love that dogs can do jobs that help people, like police dogs do. K9 Mattis On the Job by Mark Tappan tells "A Day in the life of a police dog." The illustrations by Donald Wu in this book are so life-like too!

K9 Mattis on the Job is a large, dust-jacketed picture book that measures a little over 10 inches square and is 32 pages long.  This book tells the story of an average day in the life of police dog Mattis and his human partner, Sergeant Mark. 

I love how this book shares little aspects of their lives. I also like how there are small boxes of fun facts in the pages that share some of the basic information about K9 Mattis life that go along with the story. I do think it would be helpful if somewhere they put some information on how people should approach police dogs--or not approach them, so children know better how to behave around them. Other than that, I think it is a great book with beautiful, colorful illustrations that gives a lot of good information about life with a police dog.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe