Book Review: Healing is a Choice by Stephen Arterburn


Do you need healing of some sort in your life? Healing Is a Choice by Stephen Arterburn could set you on the healing path in your life. This new book is a revised edition with a complete workbook included within the book. I was glad my review copy was the hard copy of the book so I could  write out the answers to the workbook portion of the book.

This book helps you answer the question, "Do you want to get well?" Stephen Arterburn offers 10 choices to help you receive healing, whether that healing be physical, spiritual or emotional. God does heal but according to Arterburn we can either help ourselves facilitate that healing or we might be hindering that healing. Along with the 10 choices, he alternately offers 10 lies that can prevent us from making the healing choices we need to make.

I found this book to be extremely helpful to me with some issues I was struggling with. I especially appreciate Stephen Arterburn's openness about challenges he has gone through in his life and ways he has had to work towards healing as a result. There are also examples from other people but it helped me most to know that the author truly could relate to what he was presenting. Each chapter includes a section of information, workbook questions, then some scripture and thoughts to meditate on, followed by a prayer. I liked this format and found it to be easy to work through on my own. He also offers suggestions as to how to use this book in a group as well. I highly recommend this book to anyone struggling with emotional issues especially.

Stephen Arterburn is the host of New Life Live! Christian radio/television program, found of Women of Faith, a pastor and an author.


I received this book from Thomas Nelson as part of their Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman