Book Review: How Do You Kill 11 Million People? by Andy Andrews

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0849948355/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&tag=readwritandpo-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0849948355">


I live in Iowa. Currently we are home to the first caucus on the country. This can be exciting with election years. . .It can also be irritating when you receive phone call after phone call requesting support for this person or that person. After awhile, it gets confusing to me and I'm not really sure I even want to vote. But my husband and I press on and we do go to the caucus and vote after weighing all of the information we have received. My 10 year old son has watched with interest and parroted some of our words as we have hashed out our thoughts on candidates.

Recently a new book came out from Andy Andrews called How Do You Kill 11 Million People? According to the dust jacket, Andy Andrews believes that good answers come only from asking the right questions. Through the question, "How do you kill eleven million people?", Andy Andrews helps us relate that question, which relates to the number of people killed by the Nazi German regime between 1933 and 1945,  to make it relevant to our lives today.I just finished reading this book  with my son and discussing it. We talked about truth, history, our country and voting. Yes, he is young, but he is watching us and watching others. He is thinking about character in himself, his parents and friendships as well as those he sees on television. He is wondering about his future in our nation. I tell him that his father and I make choices based not on political party but based on the character we see in the individuals we see running for office. What do you base your political decisions on?

I encourage everyone to read this book. It is short but it is thought-provoking. I also encourage everyone to vote with a thoughtful outlook on the future of our nation for our families.

I purchased this book on my own although it is from Thomas Nelson. I was not required to write any review but I felt compelled to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman