Book Review: The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck



The Wedding Dress is a sort of magical book about a magical dress that comes alive for brides through the past century. For me, this book seemed to have mystery, an intricately woven spiritual message, and romance all wrapped into one package.

As I began reading this tale, I found myself drawn into the life of Charlotte Malone, bridal store owner in Birmingham, Alabama. In the beginning, Charlotte takes a day to get away alone to think  about her own impending marriage at the Ludlow Estate. But instead of a peaceful tranquil day to ponder over a picnic, Charlotte found herself drawn into bidding on a mysterious trunk at a fundraising auction. Inside was a beautiful wedding dress. Soon Charlotte begins to search for the gown's history and learns the tales of brides who wore the dress before her.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I didn't figure out all the forthcoming history until the end so I appreciated that some parts of it kept me guessing. At the same time, there was some predictability in that Charlotte would find a love of her own to wear the dress with. But I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I enjoyed each of the stories along the way as well as the ending.With this book, I particularly enjoyed thinking through the questions at the end of the book that helped me reflect on ways I could use lessons from this book in my own life. I would easily recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a good story that includes some romance mingled with mystery. This is my favorite Rachel Hauck book to date--and I look forward to reading more of her books.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson through their Booksneeze program. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman