Book Review: Fully Alive by Ken Davis


Fully Alive: A Journey That Will Change Your Life by Ken Davis is one of the best books I've read this year. How do I know? As I read Fully Alive, I laughed, I cried and I reflected, all while being entertained. I've enjoyed Ken Davis for years as an entertainer, although I have never had the pleasure of seeing him live, but this is the first book of his that I have read. If possible, I think this printed work touched me even more than his performances have.

This is a book that, if you take his words to heart, will help you to do just what the title says and live your life more fully alive in just about every area of your life--in your family life with your children, your marriage, your job, your spiritual life, life with friends, and improving your physical and emotional health. Ken Davis touches on all of those things with a mix of his humorous stories, encouraging words, advice from a few experts and Scripture. While the book is written by someone who is a Baby Boomer, it is a book that can encourage someone of any age. I am younger and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Fully Alive is a great self-help book for anyone wanting to make changes in their life. But don't expect it to read like a dull self-help book. It is a fun and interesting read that does "come alive" as you read it. I felt like I was just engaging in conversation with a friend sharing life as I read it. There are also a few helpful exercises to do in the book that I also highly recommend as you make your own journey to coming "fully alive." If you are looking to lose weight and get fit, this book offers some helpful resources in the Appendix. I found a new app for counting calories that I can download on my phone that Davis recommends.

I received this book from Thomas Nelson as part of their Booksneeze program. I was not required to give it a positive review.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman