The HCSB Illustrator's Notetaking Bible for Teens from HolmanBiblePublishers



The HCSB Illustrator's Notetaking Bible is geared for Teens and is geared for teens. . .but I like it too. I especially like the beautiful gray, silver, gold and white cover. This beautiful Bible has over 600 illustrations to trace and color along with blank wide margin areas to create your own Bible art pictures, take notes, or doodle draw. It is a place where I believe tweens and teens can read the Bible and dig into it in their own way.

Along with the illustrations, there are study helps in the HCSB Notetaking Bible for Teens that include: God's Plan of Salvation, a daily reading plan, a section on How to Share Your Faith, a glossary and maps. My teenage son found those all to be helpful. The print is nice and dark although not real big. I found it easy enough to read. I would not want the Bible much heavier to carry around, especially to make ease of use for this age group. My teenage son liked it well enough. For him, it was okay but he is not a big drawer. (He really likes the Apologetics Study Bible for Students reviewed previously). However, he thought his artistic tweenage cousin would love it. I think artistic adults would also like this Bible if they enjoy art journaling as the "teen" aspect is relatively understated with the beautiful cover. I highly recommend this beautiful Bible to anyone with artistic interests and those who want extra space for note taking.

I only used colored pencils for my sample page. The pages are fairly thin but nothing showed through with the pencils.
My pencil choices that I used.


I received this Bible from Holman Publishers. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for it.

About the Illustrator:
The interior scripture illustrations and Hand-lettering were down by Kristi Smith. Smith is an award-winning illustrator and hand-letterer at Juicebox Designs, a graphic design firm in Nashville, TN. Her work can also be seen in their on-line portfolio and retail store, the Juice Bar, located at juiceboxdesigns.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman