The I Factor: How Building a Great Relationship with Yourself Is the Key to a Happy, Successful Life by Van Moody




You may be wondering, what is The I Factor? The I Factor is bigger than self-worth and self-respect according to Van Moody. Moody says The I-Factor is about managing yourself and your whole life well. The keys to The I-Factor are identity, significance and perspective.

Throughout The I-Factor, Moody uses examples from his life, the lives of those in the Bible and the lives of famous people to help readers see how to best understand and help their I-Factor improve. Moody encourages you to look to God, maintain your integrity and be true to yourself. He also encourages you to see that God is growing you through the difficulties and challenges that you face. I especially appreciated that chapter. Throughout The I-Factor, Moody offers a lot of wisdom and advice that readers would do well to apply to live a better life. The last two chapters offer seven steps to greatness. Moody says only you can define what greatness is for you and what you were created to do.

The People Factor, Van Moody's first book that I read, is a favorite of mine. The I-Factor is also quite good and one that I will keep in my personal library along with the first book. The first book is about relationships with others and this book is about being the best person that you can be as you live for God--building a good relationship with yourself.

Moody writes in such a way that it feels to me like he is my personal mentor. His writing style is quite conversational and easy to understand and apply to the life you are living to make improvements. Each chapter has a summary of the principles in that chapter, entitled Internal Building Blocks. Each chapter also concludes with questions to ask yourself or to discuss in a group setting to help you learn and grow in a section called, Strengthening Your I-Factor. I would recommend The I-Factor to everyone as I think most everyone could learn and grow through this book.

I received The I-Factor from Thomas Nelson. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman