Church of the Small Things by Melanie Shankle


Church of the Small Things by Melanie Shankle from The Big Mama Blog tackles the question we women all ask, "Is my ordinary, everyday life actually significant?" I know right now it is hard to imagine my less than glamorous life as having any significance, but Shankle shares how God actually does care and He uses the ordinary in my life for good things.

In Church of the Small Things, Shankle shares her life stories with a sense of humor to remind us all that we can find meaning in the mundane and ordinary moments may truly be the most special moments when all is said and done. At the end of several chapters, Shankle has fun lists that are darn near worth the price of the book alone: Things I Wish I'd Known about God When I Was Younger,  Things That Keep Me Up at Night, and Things I Wish I'd Known When I Became a Mom, and more.

I'll be honest, Shankle is close to my age. I totally get her humor and her stories that include some childhood reminiscing that I can so relate to. Her and her husband also parent one child. I parent one child. There is so much that she shares that I can relate to that I found Church of the Small Things to be a fast read and total pleasure to devour. But I don't think you have to relate quite as well as I do to Shankle to enjoy this book. She has a warm and witty style, but this book isn't all fluff. The shares some sharp spiritual insights that will have you reflecting God's work in your own life. I recommend this book to women of all ages.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.
Save

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman