Whisper by Mark Batterson


I don't know about you but sometimes I wonder if I can hear God's Voice today. I believe He spoke in the Bible. I read other people's prayers that were answered so greatly, clearly showing God speaks to them, and I am amazed. But if I am honest, I sometimes wonder if I have a hearing problem when it comes to God.

Whisper by Mark Batterson tells about seven love languages that Batterson says God is using to speak to all of us today. The seven love languages are: Scripture, Desires, Doors, Dreams, People, Promptings and Pain. He tells how God uses each of these methods to speak to us and how to tune into each of those love languages to better hear God's voice today. In every case, though, Batterson stresses that Scripture must line up with each love language you hear.

I liked reading Whisper. I found the mix of Scripture, Bible stories, and real-life stories to be both enjoyable and helpful to relate to. At the end of the book, I appreciate that Batterson has a thorough set of end notes so there is no question where any of the material he referenced came from and those sources could also be used for further learning if I want to read those too. I also feel like I can apply a lot of what I learned as I go forward in my own life and consider whether I am hearing God's voice in a situation or not. Even more than that, I believe this book encouraged me to truly pray and EXPECT to hear from God one way or another. I have also just been spending more time listening for God's whisper in my whispering place and doing less talking to God. I believe anyone who reads Whisper would be inspired to do the same. My advanced copy is all marked up and will definitely be a keeper on my bookshelf. I recommend Whisper to anyone wanting to hear God speak in their life.



I received a copy of Whisper from Waterbrook Multnomah. I was not required to write a positive review in exchange for the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman