I'd Rather Be Reading by Anne Bogel


With a title like I'd Rather Be Reading, I knew Anne Bogel was going to be a kindred spirit before I even started reading this book. I had read her blog a few times before but I didn't hang out with her work until I read this book.

I'd Rather Be Reading is a series of 21 essays about books and reading. Bogel in general writes about book shelves, book stores, book friends, libraries, and how the books she has read have shaped her. I especially liked the essay, The Books Next Door, where she talked about living next door to a library. It sounds like a book nerd dream come true to me. Book Bossy, How to Organize Your Bookshelves, Bookworm Problems, Book Twins, and I'd Rather Be Reading were some of my other favorite essays but I truly did enjoy them all.

I devoured I'd Rather Be Reading over two days because I wanted to stretch out my pleasure and didn't really want this book conversation to end. I really could have just read it in one sitting since I was enjoying it so much. The cover itself is gorgeous and invites me to sit and read with Bogel. I came away from this book shaking my head up and down in agreement with Bogel throughout the book. I gleaned a few new favorite quotes. I wrote down a few book titles that I wanted to check into and read. I also left grateful after reading the last essay that I have kept track of all the books that I have read since sixth grade except for my college years when I was too busy learning and growing in other ways to write them down. I took some time to flip through my lists last night after finishing this book and I could see my own reading trends and how I have grown over time through the books that I have been reading. I highly recommend I'd Rather Be Reading if you are a book lover too--you will also likely spend time nodding in agreement and in reflection of your own reading life.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman