Give Me Thine Heart by Andrea Boeshaar


It is 1814 in England. Moira Kingsley has lost her parents in a tragic accident. Following their unfortunate demise, she goes to England to live with her Aunt and Uncle. They arrange for her to be married to a man she doesn't particularly like or want to marry--Baron Tyrus Kingsley. But the night of her engagement party she meets Mr. Samuel Stryker, an American spy, posing at the party. She stumbles on to his secret and he has to decide if he wants to kill her or take her with him.

Fortunately for Moira, he takes her with him and the adventure begins. I enjoyed this adventure as a whole. The romance, the setting and the travels were all good clean fun entertainment. Being a novella, it is a fairly quick read. I was ready for a book with a happy ending. . .but this one even had a happy surprise I didn't see coming. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Moira's parents were missionaries to Uganda. However, when I looked that up, I don't see where Uganda was a country in 1814 so I am not sure about how historically accurate the book is. Our church supports missionaries from Uganda so finding that fact in the book peaked my interest and research. For that reason, I gave it four stars.

I received an electronic copy of this book from the author and Christian Women Affiliate Review Crew. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman