Holy Sexuality and The Gospel by Christopher Yuan


Holy Sexuality and the Gospel by Christopher Yuan offers both theological and practical insights to both finding our identity in Christ and not in our sexuality.

Holy Sexuality and the Gospel invites readers to apply the gospel to their gay loved ones. Yuan explains what he means by "holy sexuality" and encourages readers to uphold the standard of Biblical sexuality. At the same time, he also encourages readers who are believers in Christ to love their neighbor, regardless of whether they agree with them or not. There are practical stories and advice on how to truly love those who are gay and how to be there for them as Christians, without compromising faith, but rather by living out faith and love through Christ.

I found Holy Sexuality and the Gospel to be an interesting read. Yuan has taught at Moody Bible institute and has been a speaker. He has another book before this one, Out of a Far Country about his story of being gay and his mother's response. I wish I had read that book first. I have it now but haven't had time to read it yet. I like that this book makes me think. Even if you don't agree with everything Yuan writes, I can see where some good discussions could come from this book. I also like that there is a study guide in the back of the book with questions to use with the book for doing an eight-week study--either alone or in a group. I also liked that Yuan shared how to relate to those that are gay as a Christian to improve relationships. There are some practical tips that I found quite helpful.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman