Whispers and Wildflowers by Sarah Beth Marr

Sarah Beth Marr says in the introduction of Whispers and Wildflowers that hard work is a good thing and she doesn't recommend we go back to flip phones. However, in our busy world we could all use a retreat from our hard work and technology at times.Whispers and Wildflowers was written as a thirty-day retreat to enjoy day by day. Marr encourages the reader to slow down, savor Scripture and draw closer to God each of those days. However, she says to use the book however it works best for you.

In Whispers and Wildflowers, Each day's reading begins with a a selection to read and reflect on for each day. She then has a couple of pages dedicated to journaling called Garden Moments for Your Soul. Then the reading ends with a prayer--and there is extra space to write more to the prayer or to write more thoughts about the reading.

My husband and I love to garden. In fact, I used to garden with him for dates before we got married as he lived on an acreage and I in an apartment. With that background, I especially love how Marr relates God to the Master Gardener and reflects on gardening in this book. I also do well reflecting on my reading with writing so I appreciate the journal areas in this book. It is truly gorgeous with a watercolor floral cover and that is carried through the book, although in black and white, on the reflection pages.Whispers and Wildflowers truly looks like a retreat within the pretty book cover. I know the time in the pages are well-spent as I learn and grow in my faith. You don't have to be a gardener to gain spiritual insights throughout this book but it definitely added a nice element for me.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman