Book of Comforts: Genuine Encouragement for Hard Times by Faires, Faires,Wernet and Wilder


I don't know about you but I have several hurting friends and family right now. Some have lost loved ones, some are facing job loss, some are facing cancer and others have difficult challenges of another nature. It is hard to know what to say and so many times I want to do something. The Book of Comforts is a gift book that could encourage people facing all of those types of challenges.

The Book of Comforts is divided into five sections: Comfort in God Alone, Comfort in Praise, Comfort in Dark Places, Comfort in Restoration, and Comfort in Truth. There is also a forward and conclusion which both start the book off with a good explanation of it's purpose and end with a short wrap-up of it's purpose. Each section includes short readings with a Bible verse and a heart felt message by one of the four authors: Caleb Faires, Rebecca Faires,  and Kaitlin Wernet. In between the readings we see the beautiful lettering artwork of the fourth author: Cymone Wilder.

I have been through some personal hard times in these past few years and I found The Book of Comforts to be especially encouraging. I like that the authors point the reader to God. At the same, time they are honest about their challenges and struggles, which I truly appreciate. This isn't a book full of platitudes and wishy-washy hopeful thinking. These are real people who have faced real challenges and have turned to God. The Book of Comforts is a book I would feel good about giving as a gift to people facing challenges of all kinds. It is also a book that I will keep on my shelf to minister to my own challenges at times. I am glad Zondervan published this gem.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman