Wooing Cadie McCaffrey by Bethany Turner


Cadie McCaffrey and Will Whittaker have been dating four years. They met at the office and things started out great. However, for a long time, Cadie has been waiting for Will to "pop the question." When he doesn't, she is convinced he doesn't really love her. Then things get compounded for the couple with more misunderstandings coupled with some regret. At that point, Cadie tells Will that  things aren't working out. Will doesn't understand and continues to try to win her back. Can he succeed?

Wooing Cadie McCaffrey is Bethany Turner's second book that I have read. I laughed out loud at the first book and enjoyed it a lot. I wanted to love this one too, but I didn't like it as well. I was looking for something light to read that would make me laugh--with some tension and struggles of course. . .But I didn't laugh. Instead, I felt frustrated by Cadie's willingness to give up so quickly and her lack of communication. For me, it wasn't believable that she would give up on Will so quickly after a relationship of four years. I also would have liked to have seen more of the early relationship as part of this story.

However, I wasn't bothered by the subject that caused so much regret because I thought that issue was handled quite well. I appreciated that both characters took time to reflect on the mistake that was made and how to handle it with God. Their faith was important to them even though God hadn't always been front and center. I liked that Turner included this struggle because I think there are women this book could speak to who need to hear this message of hope and forgiveness. As a whole, I thought Wooing Cadie McCaffrey was good, but it wasn't the fun, romantic comedy for me that I was expecting. However, since humor is subjective, it might be funny for you.

I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman