Wally's Misadventure


Wally's Misadventure is a picture story book about Wally Raccoon and the day he decides to go on an adventure. He starts out the book asking friends to go with him. Then he decides to go on an adventure alone. He does several things that his parents have told him not to do and then confesses his wrongdoing in the end.

I liked the brightly colored animal illustrations in Wally's Misadventure. They would certainly be fun for young ones to look at. However, I thought the words used were fairly big for young children. Also, the run-in with the rattlesnake could be awfully scary for little ones. I also was surprised the beaver said,"Gnaww" he didn't want to go. . .instead of "Nah." It sort of confused me as the reader, but wouldn't matter to the young ones whom you are reading out loud too. I was surprised at just how naughty Wally was in this story. I kind of felt like it went overboard. I think it would be a better book a little bit older children, at least 8 years old, with the storyline. At the same time, after reading Wally's Misadventure, the book might make for a good discussion with that age group.

I want to thank JustRead Publicity Tours for the complimentary e-copy of Wally’s Misadventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman