The Most Important Stories of the Bible by Christopher D. Hudson and Stan Campbell


The Most Important Stories of the Bible by Christopher D. Hudson and Stan Campbell lists 75 stories from the Bible from Genesis to Revelation in chronological order. I especially like that they are in chronological order and I like that they are divided in to sections: Beginnings, Patriarchs, Noah's Family Becomes a Nation, Kings and Prophets, Stories of Jesus, and Stories of the Early Church. Another really neat feature of this book are the timelines at the beginning of each section linking the major Bible events with major world events. I also like that at the end of each story summary there is an essential truth listed from each story that sums up the main theme of the story.

I found The Most Important Stories of the Bible to be more than just a summary of many of the Bible stories I learned in Sunday School. I also learned better how those key stories in the Bible flowed with the world's history. I was reminded of how those key stories work together to make the Bible as a whole. Most importantly, I was reminded of how God worked through each of these stories.

I received this book from Baker Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman