Chasing the White Lion by James R. Hannibal


Have you read The Gryphon Heist by James R. Hannibal? If so, you are ready to continue to wild adventures of Talia Inger and her co-horts in the recently released book, Chasing the White Lion.

In The Gryphon Heist, readers meet fledgling CIA agent Talia Inger just as she joins the force and goes on her first big adventure full of intrigue and page-turning action. In this second book, Inger has a few months worth of experience and a few ops under her belt. The same elite group of thieves and agents make up this book's adventures as the first book. All of the action in these books left me feeling just like I was watching a James Bond type movie within my mind--Hannibal does a great job with description and pacing. I also enjoyed the cast of characters and how they worked together. I liked that their personalities really came through in Chasing the White Lion. I especially liked learning about Finn and Valkyrie and how they ended up in their lines of work. They became more likeable characters in this book. Talia faces more of her past and her future, both with her newfound faith through this story. I liked seeing her turn to God and pray more. In the first book I guessed who killed her father, but in this book, I would not have guessed who the evil Archangel was. This second book ties up a lot of the loose ends from the first book.

One thing that made Chasing the White Lion even better for me was that Hannibal featured Compassion children and the struggle with human trafficking. We sponsor a Compassion child so I liked that aspect of this plot since it draws attention to both a need and how loved those children are. On the flip side, it is heartbreaking to think that human trafficking still goes on but we know it does and Hannibal also reminds the reader of that. I highly recommend you read both books in this series if you like suspense books.

I received a copy of this book from Revell. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe