Fearless and Free by Victoria Osteen






Even without the pandemic, there are a lot of things in the world today that can leave us feeling stressed and fearful. Victoria Osteen in Fearless and Free encourages readers to focus on the good things and to leave the hard things with God.

Fearless and Free is a book of 47 devotional readings. Each reading includes a devotion, Bible verses to reflect on, a prayer, and some questions to ask yourself or thoughts to reflect on based on the reading.

I especially like how Osteen helps me focus on God's goodness in her devotions in Fearless and Free. Each one is a reminder that God is working everything out for my good and that He does love me even when I make mistakes. I like that she shares stories from prominent Bible figures and she also shares stories from her life. The two are woven together and remind me once again that the Bible is just as relevant today as it was many years ago. I do also like that these readings specifically focus on God's goodness and remind me to not be afraid today. I think that some days, more than others, we just need reminders like that. Fearless and Free could also be a good book to gift to someone who is in need of encouragement or for those who are graduating. My son is graduating from high school and these readings offer a consistent reminder that things are going to be okay because God loves us every day. That won't change no matter what else is going on. I also think Fearless and Free is a good book for all ages.


I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman