Love and a Little White Lie by Tammy L. Gray



In Love and a Little White Lie by Tammy L. Gray, January Sanders is living in a cabin on her aunt's land in Texas after following her boyfriend to a new state and then going through a break up. January's mom was an atheist and taught her to be a skeptic of faith. In spite of that, her Aunt Doreen helps her get a support staff job at Christ Community Church.

January is a likeable girl and I loved following her story through Love and a Little White Lie. Jan, for short, seems to go through very real struggles that could be faced today in this realistic contemporary novel. I liked how God used her to be an answer to prayer for several people around her in spite of her skepticism and struggles. It was interesting to see her eyes open to the guys around her--both Cameron and Dillon. Both her faith story and her romance story seemed so realistic. This book also left readers with a lot to think about in how people of faith relate to the world both within the church and those outside of the church. I laughed in a few places and I teared up once. It was a book that touched my emotions. I enjoyed Love and a Little White Lie a lot. The best thing is that this is the start of the State of Grace series so readers get to read and learn more about these characters. I already can't wait for the next book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman