Network of Deceit by Tom Threadgill

 


Since I enjoyed Collision of Lies by Tom Threadgill, I was anxious for the next book to feature detective Amara Alvarez, Network of Deceit

Amara gets her first case as a detective for San Antonio's Homicide Division. Her first case is a suspicious death of a teenage boy at a crowded water park. Soon she is involved with online cybercriminals who catch wind that she is on their trail and then stalk her online. As she works on the case, she bounces ideas off of fellow detective Starsky whom she also goes out to dinner with. What kind of relationship do they have? Her life also becomes more complicated as her mother faces a big health challenge.

Network of Deceit kept me turning pages quickly to find out who the killer was. The plot was well done and kept me guessing. I liked the romance building between Amara and Starsky. I also thought the book remained true to life in that Amara had to deal with her work and some challenges in her personal life with her mother's health issues. While the investigation does wrap up at the end of the book, there are some unanswered questions with Starsky and her family that leave me wishing for another book in this series--but I don't think there is another one. I would classify Network of Deceit as good clean suspense. There isn't much of a spiritual element in this book.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman