The Beauty of An Uncluttered Soul by Carla Gasser

 The Beauty of an Uncluttered Soul: Allowing God's Spirit to Transform You from the Inside Out - eBook  -     By: Carla Gasser
    Illustrated By: Vivian Kammel

The Beauty of an Uncluttered Soul by Carla Gasser is a truly beautiful devotional journal. 

The Beauty of an Uncluttered Soul starts out with an introduction by the author and a description of the artistic process by the illustrator, Vivian Kammel. Then there is a short chapter explaining how to use this devotional with the SOUL study method--Search, Observe, Use, and Lean. Then the book is divided in to three sections with three chapters each: Checking your attitudes: How do you respond to God?, Connecting your actions: How do you relate to others?, and Choosing your habits: How do you renew your soul? There is also a conclusion chapter and one of helpful terms at the end of the book.

I found The Beauty of an Uncluttered Soul to be a simply gorgeous book with full-color watercolor illustrations. Then each chapter invites the reader to learn and grow through both the reading and the journaling sections.  As an artistic person, this book just left me feeling spoiled with using it as it truly seemed to touch my senses from different angles. I relax best in nature so the floral and greenery pictures soothed my soul.  I also felt it helped me draw closer to God. I would recommend it for yourself and The Beauty of an Uncluttered Soul would also make a gorgeous gift book for a friend or family member.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman