My Dear Miss Dupre by Grace Hitchcock

 

 

Are you a reader who is a fan of The Bachelor or The Bachelorette? If so, then My Dear Miss Dupre is a book that you will likely enjoy.

Willow Dupre found herself in a position where she had to marry to take over her father's sugar business to satisfy the shareholders who don't believe a woman can run the business in 1882/1883. Her parents select thirty suitors from New York's elite society and she agrees to choose a husband from that group. 

I have to be honest up front, I don't watch much television so I don't watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette. However, I was looking for a lighter read, so I gave it a try. I enjoyed My Dear Miss Dupre as a whole. For me it went on a little long. I liked Willow and her family. I liked Cullen and Teddy and a few of the other guys. I was pulling for Cullen as he went through some challenges. I liked the fact that he kept praying and trying to do the right thing. I also liked that Willow did too. Fritz's love of flowers and their meanings was interesting too. I liked that there was a bit of mystery. This is the start of the American Royalty series. My Dear Miss Dupre was a lighter read with that happy ending that I was looking for right now. It didn't necessarily "wow" me, but it was cute and I will probably give the next book a try too. I hope that it is Flora's or Teddy's story.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

JustRead Tour Stop and Giveaway: A Love Most Precious: 90 Devotions on the Book of Ruth by Anita Higman