Finding His Family by Christina Miller

In Finding His Family by Christina Miller, Abe Armstrong returned home from his time in the armed services and opened a gym in his home town. Before he left to join the army, he secretly married Rosemary. . .but Rosemary's struggles with her father kept them from living as man and wife. As a result, Abe got tired of waiting for her to do the right thing and left to join the army. Then Rosemary moved to another town, pregnant with their child. Abe didn't know he had a daughter until the day they walked through the doors of his gym with Rosemary's father a few years later. Can they form a family after the years have passed? 

I always know when I pick up a Love Inspired book that I will get the "happily ever after" story that I am hoping for. I usually read them when I am in the mood for a "happy ending" story. However, I got a little frustrated with Rosemary throughout Finding His Family. Both Rosemary and Abe struggle throughout the book with a lack of good communication skills. Honestly, I didn't really like that she hid a child from her husband to begin with in spite of their struggles. Both Abe and Rosemary struggled with past issues and fears, which I can understand, but they seemed stuck in places. Also, Rosemary seemed to put most of the marriage struggle blame on Abe when I felt she played a major part in their problems.

 I liked that he wanted to help Rosemary and to take responsibility for his daughter, Georgia. I really disliked Rosemary's father throughout much of the book, although I liked that the author included his struggle with Parkinson's Disease and how the gym could help him improve. I did enjoy the way Abe built his business and how Rosemary and the other staff worked together throughout the book though, which was a great example to readers. There is a spiritual message woven through the book too that many Christians may like. If you like stories about overcoming the odds and becoming a family, then Finding His Family is a book you may want to try.

I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher through JustRead Tours. All opinions within this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe