Husband Auditions by Angela Ruth Strong

 


Meri Newberg is still single. Sigh. She was just a bridesmaid at her friend's wedding and came away with the bouquet--and a 1950s magazine article with a list of "ways to get a husband." Husband Audtions by Angela Ruth Strong is a contemporary romance novel with some fun characters.

When Meri's brother's roommate's sees her list, he comes up with a crazy plan for Meri to to the items on the list while he films her and the reactions of the men she tries to catch. Kai Kamaka believes the videos will go viral and he will finally get the dream job he has been wanting. So together Meri and Kai create this fun show. As time goes on, though, Kai and Meri continue with the list but the results aren't exactly what they expected.

Husband Auditions was a fun rom-com. Some of the scenarios were pretty fun to read about and did make me chuckle. I also enjoyed the chemistry between Kai and Meri. The the other supporting characters in the book were also well developed. At the same time, I thought this book was going to be all fun and games, but there were some serious issues being talked about in this book. I didn't expect that. However, I actually appreciated that the author addressed some of these issues. I also liked that the outcome was different than I expected. The spiritual weaving in this book seemed quite natural and I liked that aspect too. Husband Auditions was an enjoyable read for me. If I were dating, I think it would also be a good book to make me think about what I really wanted in life.

I received this book courtesy of Kregel Publications, through Interviews & Reviews. All opinions in this review are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5-Minute Bedtime Treasury by Hannah C. Hall Illustrated by Steve Whitlow

Essential Speed Reading Techniques: How to become a Better, Faster Reader by Katya Seberson

Who Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up? by Paula Faris Illustrated by Bhagya Madanasinghe